The most commonly used swimming pool chemicals are generally chlorine chemicals, which is a disinfectant that dissolves in water to produce hypochlorous acid with antimicrobial activity. Its antimicrobial active ingredients are often expressed as available chlorine. Due to a large number of people in contact with the pool water, the pool water will be contaminated by bacteria carried by the swimmers themselves. When swimming in the pool, swimmers are prone to accidentally drink into the pool water. If the pool water is unhygienic, it will cause swimmers to feel unwell and may even cause illness. In order to ensure that the water in the swimming pool is clean and protect the health of the swimmers, swimming pool chemicals must be added to the water to kill pathogenic microorganisms.
Swimming pool water treatment used to disinfect pool water must meet certain requirements. First, they should be harmless and non-irritating to the human body and active at low concentrations. Secondly, because pool water is constantly contaminating by pathogenic microorganisms, these swimming pool chemicals need to remain active for a long time. Chlorine disinfectants can kill various microorganisms, including bacterial propagules, viruses, fungi, mycobacterium tuberculosis and the most resistant bacterial spores, thereby ensuring the cleanliness of the swimming pool and the health of people. Commonly used chlorine swimming pool disinfectants include inorganic chlorine compounds(such as calcium hypochlorite chlorine) and organic chlorine compounds(such as TCCA 90 chlorine, SDIC chlorine). Refer to the detailed introduction of the products below and choose depends on your requirements from Fengbai now.
Types of Fengbai Swimming Pool Chemicals
Trichloroisocyanuric acid (TCCA) is the main swimming pool water treatment chemical. It is a white granular or tablet. It is a high-efficiency, low-toxicity, broad-spectrum, fast bactericidal disinfectant currently popularized internationally, which can effectively quickly kill various bacteria, fungi, spores, molds, and cholera solitary bacteria. TCCA has good stability, easy to use and low cost. It can effectively kill various bacteria in the swimming pool, at the same time, it has no residue and does not pollute the environment. TCCA has little irritation to human skin and eyes, and it can also keep the water in the pool clear. TCCA is extremely effective for swimming pools. It has a 90% chlorine concentration, making it ideal for large swimming pools. When used in swimming pools, it helps inhibit the growth of algae and other undesirable substances.
Sodium dichloroisocyanurate (SDIC) is white crystalline powder, granule, and tablet. It is easily soluble in water, and it has the characteristics of high efficiency, fast, broad-spectrum, safety, etc. Kingsun SDIC is widely used in swimming pool water disinfection because it has a strong sterilization and disinfection effect. Adding SDIC to the pool water can make the pool water clear and shiny. Its performance is stable, and the effective chlorine reduction within half a year of storage under dry conditions does not exceed 1%. It will not deteriorate or burn when stored below 120 ° C. It is irritating to skin and eyes. So avoid contact with skin and eyes during operation. After accidental contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water. However, under the correct concentration, it is harmless to the human body and is very beneficial to protecting human health.
Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate is very different from traditional sodium dichloroisocyanurate. Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate is a white granule with different mesh. The water content of sodium dichloroisocyanurate is less than 1%, and the water content of sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate is 14%. Its chlorine smell is very light, almost no smell of chlorine. Its effective chlorine is not easy to volatilize, and the chemical properties are more stable. Its effect will stay longer when it is added to water, residual chlorine will maintain in water for a relatively long time and it is relatively less corrosive. In addition, it will not affect the pH value of the pool water.
Calcium hypochlorite is a solid product that dissolves quickly. It has many forms, such as powder, granular, and flake. Calcium hypochlorite is a commonly used disinfectant for swimming pools and it can be applied to water with different water quality conditions. Compared with other water treatment chemicals, calcium hypochlorite ph is more neutral. It is a chlorine-containing compound, adding it to swimming pool water has the effect of sterilizing and bleaching. It can kill algae, bacteria, and other microorganisms and prevent their growth.
Additional Swimming Pool Chemicals Information
- Oxidation of hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid is a small neutral molecule. It can diffuse to the surface of the negatively charged bacteria and penetrate into the bacteria through the cell wall to oxidize, destroy the phosphate dehydrogenase of the bacteria, unbalance sugar metabolism and cause bacterial death.
- The role of new ecological oxygen. The decomposition of hypochlorous acid forms new ecological oxygen, which oxidizes bacterial protein.
- Chlorine binds to cell membrane proteins to from nitrogen and chlorine compounds, which interferes with cell metabolism and finally causes the death of bacteria.
- The concentration and duration of the chlorine swimming pool chemicals used. The general rule is that the higher the chemical concentration, the longer the duration time, the better the sterilization effect. However, with the increase of the chlorine chemicals concentration, the PH value of the solution also increases. Sometimes it is necessary to prolong the duration time to sterilize.
- PH value. The lower the ph, the stronger the bactericidal effect. The bactericidal effect of chlorine disinfectants mainly depends on the concentration of undecomposed hypochlorous acid in the solution. The lower the PH of the solution, the more undecomposed hypochlorous acid. As the PH value rises, more and more hypochlorous acid decomposes into hydrogen and hypochlorite ions, and loses its bactericidal effect.
- Temperature. The increase of temperature can enhance the sterilization effect. However, don’t heat the sodium hypochlorite solution, otherwise it will cause its decomposition and reduce the sterilization effect.
- Organic substances. The presence of organic substances can deplete available chlorine and affect its sterilization effect. Its effect on low-concentration disinfectant is obvious. But organic substances has little effect on high-concentration disinfectant, such as dichloroisocyanuric acid SDIC and trichloroisocyanuric acid TCCA.
- Reducing substances. Reducing substances such as thiosulfate, ferrous salt, sulfide, and amino-containing compounds can also reduce its bactericidal effect.
- Water hardness. Generally, the hardness less than 400mg/L has little effect on its bactericidal effect.
- Disinfectants with strong sterilization and disinfection ability, and has the function of continuous sterilization.
- Disinfectants won’t cause water and environmental pollution, won’t change the water quality of the pool.
- Disinfectants that are non-irritating or minimally irritating to the human body.
- Disinfectants with little corrosion to building structures, equipment and pipelines.
- Choose chlorine disinfectants. Trichloroisocyanuric acid TCCA 90, sodium dichloroisocyanurate SDIC, calcium hypochlorite for sale in our company will be your ideal choice.
Swimming Pool Chemicals Manufacturer & Supplier
- Henan Fengbai Industrial Co., Ltd. specializes in R & D, production and sales of water treatment chemicals. We firmly believe that product quality and technical services are the key to the company’s long-term stable development. Therefore, fengbai company established a quality inspection room at the beginning, equipped with a high-quality R & D team and advanced production equipment, a modern standard laboratory, and committed to producing high-quality water treatment products. The company has passed ISO9001: 2000 quality management system certification, SGS certification, environmental system certification, etc.
- We have been adhering to the principle of centering on product quality and relying on quality service, so that Fengbai swimming pool chlorine enjoy a high reputation in the industry.
- Our products have been exported to many countries and regions, such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Thailand, South Africa, Mexico, etc. Fengbai chlorine granules for swimming pools are highly praised by customers. And we will also continuously improve product quality, improve its service system, and provide more customers with quality products. Welcome to contact us if you are interested in our swimming pool chemicals.